Oahu to Kauai, Waimea Canyon, and Wailua River One Day Tour
The amazing Oahu to Kauai Day Trip operated by Polynesian Adventure Tours provides an unforgettable day filled with natural beauty, awe-inspiring views, and mystical legends. On this fun-filled Hawaii day trip, you will see deep canyons, gorgeous rivers, and romantic grottos. It’s the perfect day trip for Oahu vacationers of all ages!
Following your early morning Waikiki hotel pick-up, you will travel from Oahu to Kauai. Upon arriving in Kauai, you will board your air-conditioned mini van or bus to begin your fully guided and narrated adventure on the island of Kauai. You will visit the amazing Waimea Canyon, often referred to as “The Grand Canyon of the Pacific”. The awe-inspiring Waimea Canyon is the largest canyon in the Pacific, stretching over 10 miles long, 1 mile across and over 3,500 feet deep. The centuries-old history of the Waimea Canyon can be seen in the linear depressions along the canyon walls, depicting decades of lava flow. Another stop on this amazing Oahu Day Trip is Hanapepe Valley, a lush and verdant land that served as a backdrop for portions of Steven Spielburg’s Jurrasic Park. Hanapepe Valley was once filled with thriving Hawaiian farm towns, and many farms fields are still visible from the lookout. This day trip continues on to the beautiful Wailua River, where you will board a flat bottom boat for a scenic 20 minute cruise along the Wailua River -- Hawaii’s only navigable river. Your cruise up the river will take you straight into the magical Fern Grotto, an ancient lava rock grotto now covered with lush tropical vegetation. Be sure to bring your camera to capture the beautiful of this natural wonder!
This Kauai Day Trip also takes you to Kauai’s beautiful shoreline to visit the mythical Spouting Horn blowhole at Poipu. This natural phenomena occurs when ocean water rushes under sea-side lava shelves, then bursts up through small openings in the rock surface. Spouting Horn can shoot water up to 50 feet in the air. Your tour continues on with a stop at the historic and charming Old Koloa Town where you can browse local shops and restaurants. Also included in this fun-filled activity is a stop at Nawiliwili Harbor -- a beautiful shipping channel with a natural beach that was the backdrop for a famous scene in Steven Spielburg’s Raiders of the Lost Arc. And of course no Hawaii Day Trip is complete without a visit to an amazing waterfall. Included in this day trip is a stop at Opaeka’a Falls, where you will see its spectacular 150 foot drop, located on the east side of Kauai. Even more interesting stops included on this Kauai Day Trip are the sacred Birthstones site, an 1816 Russian fort.
Your friendly and entertaining tour guide will provide full narration of this day trip, and allow sufficient time at each stop for you to fully experience the various natural wonders and beauty of Kauai. The Oahu to Kauai: Waimea Kanyon and Wailua River Day Trip offers you the unforgettable opportunity to experience the most beautiful and historic natural wonders of Kauai.
- Tunnel of Trees & Koloa Town
- **See the Spouting Horn blowhole
- Russian Fort Elizabeth State Historical Park - the last Russian fort in the Hawaiian islands
- Captain Cook's Landing
- **Waimea Canyon - the Grand Canyon of the Pacific
- Holo Holo Ku Heiau - a sacrificial stone foundation
- **Opaekaa Falls Lookout - scences from Donovan's Reef, Lt. Robin Crusoe, USN, and Seven Women from Hell were filmed here
- **Fern Grotto
- **Wailua River Boat Cruise
- **Hanapepe Valley Lookout
- Queen Victoria's Profile - Haupu Mountain Range
- No-host lunch stop
**Stops are usually made here. Route may be subject to change without notice for road work or natural occurrences.
- Where and When:
- Roundtrip transportation from your Waikiki hotel is optional for no additional charge.
This tour departs Waikiki at approximately 5:00 am and returns at approximately 6:00 pm.
Please refer to your confirmation email for final pick-up time and location. Flight schedules change frequently.
- The airlines are adding surcharges for some dates that are close to selling out. Please call us at 1-866-482-9775 for availability and to check if there is a surcharge for your travel date.
- Due to stringent airline requirements there is a NO CANCELLATION/NO REFUND policy for this tour. This includes name and date changes.
For all island flights or day trips, the NAME ON TICKET MUST APPEAR AS IT IS ON PICTURE ID (license or passport).
The airline will deny boarding if the passenger's legal name, as shown on their valid, government-issued ID, does NOT match the name on their E-Ticket.
IF A PASSENGER IS DENIED BOARDING, THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS.
All passengers MUST present government issued photo ID for airline check-in.
International travelers must bring a valid passport for airport security check-in.
Children 2 years old are required to pay for the airfare and ride in the lap of an adult in the vehicle.
Children 1 and under still require birth date and full name.
- Special Notes:
- Lunch is not provided on this tour. However, a lunch stop will be made where lunch can be purchased.
- Operation Days:
- Robert's Hawaii Reservations
- Hawaiian Airlines and a great air-conditioned tour bus