Pearl Harbor Tours - Pearl Harbor Heroes Adventure
The Arizona Memorial was
closed in late May due to needed structural repairs. This is an ongoing
repair job that currently does not have a scheduled completion date.
During this time, depending on availability and time it may be possible
for the tour to take the navy launch around the harbor without landing
at the Arizona Memorial. When repairs are completed and the Arizona
Memorial is reopened, it will be added back into the tour.
Immerse yourself in history with the WWII Pearl Harbor Heroes Adventure. This Waikiki Pearl Harbor Tour includes visits to the USS Arizona Memorial and visitor center, the USS Missouri, and the new Pacific Aviation Museum (self guided). During this narrated Pearl Harbor Tour, guests will visit the spot where Japan surrendered at at the USS Missouri, see an authentic Japanese Zero Fighter Plane at the Pacific Aviation Museum, and visit the famous USS Arizona Memorial, plus much more!
For history buffs and anyone who wants to experience WWII History up close and personal, the Pearl Harbor Hearoes Adventure is a great Waikiki vacation activity. This Pearl Harbor tour begins with a visit to the site of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, as well as the site of the signing of the Japanese surrender on board the USS Missouri. After seeing numerous well-preserved WWII relics on display at the Visitor Center, guests will board the Navy launch and cross Pearl Harbor before landing at the USS Arizona. Next up, guests will enjoy a guided tour on the USS Bowfin, which is one of the world’s most significant submarines. You will then shuttle over to Ford Island -- an active Navy base currently under federal protection. This Waikiki Pearl Harbor Tour continues to the Pacific Aviation Museum -- one of the newest and most exciting museums in Hawaii (self guided). The Pearl Harbor Heroes Adventure concludes on the historic decks of the USS Missouri -- the world’s most famous battleship that has served from WWII to Desert Storm. Aboard this famous site of the 1945 Japanese surrender to the Allied Forces, guests will follow General Douglas MacArthur’s exact footsteps. It was aboard the USS Missouri that peace was restored to the world and the conflict that took over 55 million lives was over. Guests will learn in detail about the attached sustained by The USS Missouri in 1945 off the coast of Okinawa, Japan and can peer into the Massive 16" Guns that hurl 2,900 pound projections over 20 miles with pin point accuracy. Guests of all ages will love this educational and fun Waikiki Pearl Harbor Tour.
Highlights of the WWII Pearl Harbor Heroes Adventure:
- Tour the USS Bowfin (Pearl Harbor Avenger) and the U.S. Pacific Submarine Memorial
- Witness the “Black Tears of Oil” that still bubbles today from the USS Arizona (not available if the shuttle is not running)
- View the dramatic attack film at the Arizona Memorial Visitor Center
- See well-preserved war relics and artifacts from the famous Pearl Harbor attack at the Pacific Aviation Museum
- Ride across Pearl Harbor to the Arizona Memorial aboard the Navy launch (Shuttle operations are subject to the schedule of
the navy launch and may be subject to weather conditions or maintenance
and repair schedules of the navy without notice.)
- Tour the “Mighty MO” - The USS Missouri
- Stand on the surrender deck of the USS Missouri after walking the exact footsteps of Douglas MacArthur
- This Pearl Harbor Tour is fully narrated by state-certified tour guides
Gold Option Includes:
- Lunch at the Pacific Aviation Museum Restaurant - Laniakea Café
- Audio tours for the Arizona Memorial, USS Missouri and USS Bowfin
- Where and When:
- Complimentary hotel pick-up and return provided from most Waikiki hotels.
Pick-ups begin in Waikiki at approximately 7:30 am. Return to Waikiki at approximately 5:00 pm.
- PUT FIRST AND LAST NAMES WHEN ORDERING PLEASE. THIS IS A REQUIREMENT FOR THIS ACTIVITY. PUT NAMES AS THEY SHOW UP ON YOUR ID PLEASE.
- The U.S. Department of the Interior has declared a "no bags" policy at the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center and Arizona Memorial.
Visitors may not carry any concealing items. This includes purses, handbags, backpacks, diaper bags, etc.
Small cameras are permitted. Allowable vital items may be placed in your pockets.
There is a storage facility for bags at Pearl Harbor National Park available for a nominal fee.
Do not leave any valuables on the bus.
Arizona Memorial closed in late May due to needed structural repairs. If it is still closed by your activity date, there will not be a visit to the Arizona Memorial or viewing of the documentary.
Shuttle Operations to the Arizona Memorial are subject to the Memorial's run time, maintenance, repair schedules and to weather.
- Special Notes:
- Operation Days:
- Sunday - Friday
- Polynesian Adventure Tours
- Air-conditioned tour bus with Polynesian Adventure Tours.