Maitai Catamaran Sunset Mai Tai Sail
Experience a Hawaiian sunset in a way like no other aboard a luxurious 44’ Sailing Catamaran off the beautiful Waikiki coast. This Waikiki sunset sail departs directly from Waikiki beach. Guests can enjoy a laid-back, fun and relaxing Waikiki sunset cruise on the MaiTa’i Catamaran Sunset Sail.
Spend 1 ½ hours on a state-of-the-art MaiTa’i 44’ Sailing Catamaran, enjoying gorgeous views of the Waikiki and Honolulu coastlines, Diamond Head Crater and a spectacular Hawaiian sunset. Enjoy sailing on the beautifully clear waters of Oahu as you watch the sun set, painting the sky a beautiful golden hue, while also enjoying brilliant views of the Waikiki and Honolulu evening cityscapes.
This Waikiki sunset cruise includes complimentary snacks, Mai Tai’s, champagne, wine, tropic juice, and soft drinks. The 44’ MaiTa’i is the perfect boat for a Waikiki sunset sail with its comfortable seating, CD stereo sound system, and twin hulls. This laid-back Waikiki sunset sail is a relaxing way to experience a beautiful Oahu sunset while enjoying the fun and amenities of the Mai Ta’i Sailing Catamaran. Guests can stay dry aboard the decks while still experiencing the beauty of the turquoise waters, calm breezes and beautiful evening sky.
Barefoot boarding directly from the beach The MaiTa’i Catamaran Sunset Sail operates nightly with a typical departure time of approximately 5:00 p.m. depending on season. Boarding takes place on the beach located between Halekulani Hotel and the Sherarton Waikiki Hotel. The MaiTa’i Catamaran is Coast Guard certified for up to 47 passengers, however capacity on the Waikiki sunset sail will be limited to ensure maximum comfort for guests. Total trip time for this Waikiki sunset sail is 1 ½ hours. Guests of all ages are welcome. The MaiTa’i Catamaran Sunset Sail is led by a professional and friendly staff that will ensure you enjoy a fun, safe and relaxing Waikiki sunset sail.
A large selection of Waikiki Catamaran sailing trips is available through Waikiki Tours. Find the perfect Waikiki sailing trip for your Oahu vacation by browsing our other exciting vacation activities. Enjoy the convenience of advanced booking, along with the lowest available prices, by purchasing the perfect Waikiki sunset sail through Waikiki Tours!
Maita'i Catamaran Features:
- New equipment that was developed and tested on our previous boat of 20 years, the legendary "Leahi" catamaran
- Safe, quiet, environmentally clean propulsion system
- Two large safety nets located on the bow with ample room for sunbathing
- Convenient barefoot boarding
- Specially designed "wing mast" which enables Maita'i to reach incredible speeds
- CD sound system
- State-of-the-art Spectra sails
- On board restroom
- U.S. Coast Guard inspected & certified for up to 47 passengers, we limit numbers to ensure maximum comfort
Maitai Catamaran Sunset Sail
Maitai Catamaran Sunset
Scenic Waikiki Shoreline
Waikiki Beach at Sunset
Whales and Sunset
- Where and When:
- Boarding on the beach between the Halekulani Hotel & Sheraton Waikiki. You can park at the Sheraton Waikiki for $3 per hour for a maximum of 4 hours (cash only). View Map
From October 1 to February 28: Check in at 4:30 pm. Departure at 5:00 pm.
From March 1 to September 30: Check in at 5:00 pm. Departure at 5:30 pm.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- Operation Days:
- Maitai Catamaran Snorkeling